I don't know if you realized this but I have 7 sisters. Yup, that was NOT a typo, I grew up with 7 amazing, beautiful, inspirational, OLDER sisters! (Come on girls, you knew that was coming). I am the baby or 8 of 8.
I recently turned 31 and I have vowed to never feel old because I will always be "the baby"... or at least my sisters (and my husband) will always be older than me.
One of my sisters recently had a birthday and I meant to publish a blog for her on her birthday, but life got in the way somehow... so here I am, a few days late... but here's to you, Jess!
My sister Jessica is just about 2 years older than me. Growing up I always had my eye on her. She was beautiful. She was intelligent. She was confident. (She still is all those things, too!) I wished I could be her! I often wished to be a fly on the wall and see what went on in that secret life that I, as her younger, annoying sister was forbidden to know.
Now we are all grown up and Jessica is a nurse. She works in the pediatric ICU. I went back to school 3 1/2 years ago and couldn't decide what I should be when I grew up... I'm not entirely sure I will ever grow up, but that's another story. Jessica suggested I become a nurse... How could I do that? She is a nurse, she is smart... how could I become what she is? Well, I have always wanted to do something in the medical field and after some thought I decided nursing would be a good fit for me.
Fast forward to the present time... here I am with only 2 quarters left in nursing school. I LOVE IT! I find an amazing connection with my sister Jessica each time I put on my scrubs, write a care plan, or talk with a patient. I imagine her in her own nursing career and I somehow connect with her caring spirit. Sometimes when I speak I hear her voice, I mean sisters sound a like and all, but I sometimes say things that are in the same phrasing and tone as she would say them... it's wierd.
Now that we are adults I have a stronger relationship with Jessica. I still admire her... she can plan a party like nobody's business and she is still super smart. She is always there for me, offering her words of wisdom and the affectionate smack in the head that I need to keep me going not only in nursing school but in life in general.
I LOVE YOU, SISTER!!!!! I hope you had an amazing birthday... you deserve nothing but the best!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awwww! That's sweet and I love that picture! Sassy sisters, for sure.
6 of 8
Aw, Boo! No one has ever written anything so lovely about me! You are a rock star, and the truth is...you can do anything that you put your mind to! Love you forever!
Post a Comment