I haven't posted anything in quite some time, I've been so busy with school and the holidays, etc. My intent with this blog was to journal my thoughts and feelings and share some of my life experiences with my family and friends that are far away, so here goes...
Since I last posted anything Evan turned 5. We had a pretty low key birthday for him, just a family party with extended family celebrating all of the January birthdays. I also tried to make his actual birthday special. I wasn't home when he woke up, I had clinical at 6:30am that day, so I blew up a bunch of balloons and left them in the living room. I also put a special note next to the ipod remote telling him to push the play button which was all set up to play Happy Birthday. That night we had his request for dinner, chicken and mashed potatoes, and he helped me make some birthday brownies.
I love this boy so much. He is full of spunk and personality but he is my biggest challenge in life. I think God gave him to me as a child so that I could learn a few things. For one, he has his own sense of style. Today he went to school wearing a camouflage shirt with black stretch pants that have pumpkins all over them. This is so one of those choose your battles kind of things and I ususally do not have the time or energy to fight with him on this. I found out during his conferences that one of the teachers in his school (not one that teaches him) calls him pajama boy because most days at least one portion of his clothes in pajamas. Who can blame him... I'd wear my pajamas if it were socially acceptable! I'm just wondering if he will ever get to the point where he figures out that it is not. The above picture is an outfit he picked out to wear to church... yikes!
Evan keeps me on my toes. Lately I have been trying to figure out some discipline techniques with him. He likes to misbehave for me and me only; at school he is a perfect angel. I think I am too soft, I don't like to punish my children, I don't like to take things away from them but I need to figure out something because I also don't like his recent behavior. I know we will get through this rough time but I am feeling guilty for being gone at school so much. I know that this is something that will benefit my whole family in the long run but sometimes I wish I had the power to stop time for my children so I could finish growing up and figuring it all out. Life is so hectic and crazy right now but it is also an amazing journey along the way!
1 comment:
Loved reading this post! And I love the new layout too! You are a great Mom Becca and a wonderful person, I'm so lucky to have you back in my life. (:
Post a Comment